These ESL Activity Sheets – Wild Animals – provide engaging, fun and versatile activities your young learners will love.
They’ve been designed to support English teachers of young learners aged 5-9 years, and include activities to cover:
- vocabulary and grammar
- speaking and listening
- reading and writing
- and games.
The pack contains Teachers Notes full of ideas for introducing, practising, recycling and extending ‘Wild Animals’ vocabulary and grammar – along with ten photocopiable Activity Sheets to keep young ESL learners motivated and engaged.
The Osito ESL Activity Sheets – Wild Animals – include:
- 12 wild animal picture cards for teaching/revising vocabulary
- a wild animal word search puzzle
- a picture of a safari park as a stimulus for speaking and listening (and to introduce/revise basic grammar chunks)
- a story sequencing activity (reading)
- a gap fill challenge (reading and writing)
- an animal fact file (for further reading and writing challenges)
- ‘fortune teller/cootie catcher’ templates, to bring the topic together in a fun and dynamic way.
The Teachers’ Notes provide an overview of each ESL Activity Sheet, along with a bank of ideas for using them in different ways, to help motivate and inspire you and your young learners.
Many of the Activity Sheets are ideal as extension activities, time-fillers or homework tasks. They all provide low-prep/easy-prep, time-saving support to help you enhance your English teaching.
These ESL Activity Sheets – Wild Animals – have all been lovingly created by English teachers, and trialled in many classrooms around the world, so you can be confident that they do actually work.