This downloadable ESL/EFL Activity Pack: Wild Animals offers supplementary materials for teachers of young learners aged 5-9 years.
It contains five pages of Teachers’ Notes, packed full of ideas for teaching/revising the topic of Wild Animals – along with 10 photocopiable Activity Sheets to keep your young learners motivated and engaged.
The ESL/EFL Activity Pack: Wild Animals contains:
- 12 wild animal picture cards for teaching/revising vocabulary
- a wild animal word-search puzzle
- a picture of a safari park as a stimulus for speaking and listening (and to introduce/revise basic grammar chunks)
- a story sequencing activity (reading) and a gap fill challenge (reading and writing)
- an animal fact file (for further reading and writing challenges)
- ‘fortune teller/cootie catcher’ templates, to bring the topic together in a fun and dynamic way.
The Teachers’ Notes provide an overview of each ESL/EFL Activity Sheet, along with a bank of ideas for using them in a variety of ways to help motivate and inspire you and your young learners.
Many of the sheets are ideal as extension activities, time-fillers or homework tasks – and all provide low-prep/easy-prep, time-saving support to help you enhance your ESL teaching.
All the materials contained in this pack were created by ESL teachers – and have been tried and tested in many ESL classrooms around the world – so you can be confident that they do actually work.