This Primary ESL downloadable resource offers supplementary materials for teachers of young learners aged 5-7 years – full of fun, engaging activities for the run up to Christmas.
It contains five pages of Teachers’ Notes, packed full of ideas for Christmas / Winter activities – along with 12 printable PDF Activity Sheets to keep your young learners motivated and engaged.
The ESL Activity Sheets in this pack include:
- two picture card sets for teaching/revising basic vocabulary for Christmas and Winter
- a word-search puzzle and picture crossword using Christmas / Winter vocabulary
- a ‘Spot the Difference’ picture, of a family wrapping presents, as a stimulus for speaking and listening
- a sheet where children match family members to the most suitable gifts, and write the gift tags
- two reading and writing sheets, where children colour and label a reindeer and a snowman (vocabulary for body parts and clothing)
- an 8-picture winter tale, for story sequencing, reading and matching
- and a game, including spinners and ‘Misfits’ snowmen cards, to bring the topic together in a fun and dynamic way.
The Teachers’ Notes provide an overview of each ESL Activity Sheet, along with a bank of ideas for using them in a variety of ways – to help motivate and inspire you and your young learners.
Many of the activity sheets are ideal as extension activities, time-fillers or homework tasks – and all provide low-prep/easy-prep, time-saving support to help you enhance your ESL teaching.
All the materials contained in this pack have been created by ESL teachers and tried and tested in many ESL classrooms around the world – so you can be confident that they do actually work.